Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Look




This beautiful baby has no more feeding tube and I think it is permanent. He will be off oxygen for good as long as he stays healthy. I am blessed to have my Mom here taking care of the kids so I can be there for more bottle feedings. He is beautiful without all of those things on his face but I'm not sure I've gotten just the right picture yet that shows how he really looks. I'll just have to take more:) He will be home around his due-date July 22. We will be relieved to have him in our home and permanently in our arms. Just try to make me put him down! He is staying at the hospital because although he can breath, he doesn't necessarily think he has to all of the time, like when he is eating or sleeping. Plus his body tells him not to when the food is on it's way back up. He should grow out of these issues. He was supposed to be in the womb for another three weeks, not 11 weeks old. He made it to 4 lb 12 oz. He has to have consistent weight gain to go home as well:)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Duncan. Keep it up! He is a beautiful baby, if that is okay to say about a boy.

    Uncle James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duncan is such a handsome little guy! We are so happy for your family. He is truly a little miracle baby! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! I hope it all continues to go so well. Just a couple short weeks! Maybe he'll come home on my birthday, July 23. =)

    ReplyDelete