Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First meal


As of today April 28th, the most exciting news is Duncan has had his first meal. It is composed of less than a teaspoon of milk every six hours. A quick word on pumping milk for your baby: the picture above shows the wonderful view I get to enjoy while retrieving milk for my baby. Notice the absence of said baby. So until yesterday when they fed him a tiny drip of my milk for the first time I was having to pump milk every three hours day and night. Just imagine if at all possible, all of the things you don't like about nursing: waking in the night, pain, frequency without any of the things you love; baby, seeing your baby be calm and satisfied, catching a brief smile as they doze off, holding your baby (bet you never thought that was a prize in and of itself), bonding. There are a lot more positive things about nursing than negative, but with a pump and no baby it is a sad affair. Luckily they started using my milk, my hard work has paid off! They also did an echo cardiogram today, tomorrow we should know more about the condition of his heart.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the info. We are praying for your sweet boy and your awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to have an update on you. Duncun True is so beautiful. I can't believe how much hair he has! Congratulations on your sweet special boy. We will continue to pray for you and your family and Duncan during this ever changing and challenging time. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog...You are an amazing person and although it seems almost to much to bare at this point...you are strong and will perservere through this ordeal a stronger person. I love you...you have taught me so much and you are an amazing person!-tricia

    ReplyDelete