Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tax Day






On Tax day of all days. On the 14th of April I bled all day, why bleeding you ask? Yeah, we don't know. One theory, my placenta was tearing away from the wall of my uterus. Things weren't looking good. Apparently you need blood to live and to avoid a blood transfusion. I was also having contractions and the doctors decided things weren't going to get better so we needed to prepare for the delivery. I had an epidural, pitocin and a long painful labor. One of the most painful parts was realizing that the 14th was ending and tax day had arrived. After losing a few bets, Christian picked 3:33 for his next for-sure-the-baby-will-be-born-at prediction. Eager to please, Duncan arrived at 3:33. We had a Perinatologist, a labor and deliver Nurse, a Neonatologist and 3 Neonatal nurses there just in time for his arrival. I actually literally crossed my legs for the last couple of minutes while we waited for the Neonatologist (that means specialized premature baby doctor). One breath, 3 pushes and the longest 24 hours of our lives began.

No comments:

Post a Comment