Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why True?



Okay so a few words on our special baby's middle name. Christian and I both came up with the name independently of one another. We were both trying to think of a name with meaning. Such a special baby surely needs a special name. We were trying to come up with an ancestor for a middle name. On a side note, the name Duncan is not only my maiden name but also in honor of our ancestor Homer Duncan (clearly his first name would be repeated). This ancestor found the gospel of Jesus Christ at the time of Joseph Smith, he traveled across the plains as a pioneer and passed on the gospel to future generations. So back to True. When we thought about this name I couldn't help thinking of a Hymn, True to the Faith. The words flowed through my mind "shall we shrink or shun the fight? NO!" I thought this was appropriate for our little one having to struggle just to stay alive. Next I thought of the chorus "To God's command, soul heart and hand, faithful and TRUE we will ever stand." It is through the faith and prayers of our family and our friends that this little miracle baby has made it into this life and has continued to get healthier. We always want our special child to remain True to the faith that made his life possible.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful and so is he. My thoughts and prayers are with you constantly little Duncan.(and family). I'm pretty sure you're kids don't remember me very well, but I'd love to come help out around your house whenever you want. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete