Friday, June 19, 2009

Hold on

Well, it's been a long week and there will probably be quite a few more. They only took Duncan off oxygen supplement for a short time and it didn't work. He is still on oxygen and his need doesn't seem to be lessening. He is getting exhausted from his feeds and lost 10 grams last night and gained 10 tonight. He is in the less than 10th percentile (for weight) and I am realizing that he will have to grow and improve a lot before he can graduate. I am back to feeling completely useless at his bedside and feeling guilty I can't be there more. What a roller coaster. I miss my Primary nurses they haven't been able to be there in the CCN (most likely because they are awesome and are needed for sicker babies). It was great to have primary nurses when Duncan was sick but not that I've been there for 9 weeks I'm totally over new nurses that don't know anything about your baby. You start to feel lonely. P.S. I am probably just tired and tomorrow I will have a new outlook. Sure love that baby.

2 comments:

  1. sorry that he didn't do well without the oxygen. that must be really hard Amy just waiting by his side to grow and get healthier. You are a great mom and I know he is going to get bigger and be able to come home soon. Happy Father's Day Christian!!! Love you. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Amy! I'm sure you must be frustrated by all the setbacks. You're in our prayers and thoughts. I can't wait to meet the little guy sometime!

    ReplyDelete