Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Roller-Coaster


We've had a few more rough days. However, one of my primary nurses thought of some things to try that seem so far to have been very helpful -- gaining weight and eating better with less bradycardia. He was taken off of the feeding tube on Sunday and had a terrible two days with lots of breathing and heart rate issues. He also came off caffeine which was supposed to help with that. He was taking all of his feeds (from a bottle) but only because he had to. He was groggy and exhausted and he didn't gain any weight. So this morning she put the feeding tube back in and he gained 35 grams tonight. He was also breathing better and they decided to take him off his oxygen for a try tonight. I didn't take a picture of him without the feeding tube up his nose and that is fine because it's back. I was going to wait and get a picture of the oxygen off but I decided to wait and make sure it is permanent. I'm relieved they are slowing feeding down a little because he wasn't enjoying eating. Who knew eating took so much energy. Maybe Christian should eat that huge bowl of ice cream he just scooped himself with more intensity and he can burn a few calories while he is shoveling it down:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love those baby sounds. I'm sorry the last few days have been rough for little Duncan and glad to hear things are improving again. He's in my prayers everyday.

    ReplyDelete