Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Leftovers


Here is a picture of the baby after some attempts with the bottle. He gets so excited that I have to take it out to help him breathe. I couldn't take a picture of me holding the bottle and noone else was around so this is the best I can do. He can take about half his feed with the bottle until he gets too tired. He does it once a day. Once he gets stronger and more coordinated with the breathing he will do it more. He got moved to I pod today. It is the less intensive unit and means he needs less support. It wasn't a pleasant experience for me but Christian said it was fine. The baby next to him cried for the hour and a half I was there and Duncan was awake scared looking and breathing fast. At least he is still in the isolette. He will come out of there once he makes it to 1800 grams and seems to be maintaining his temperature. He is 1720 grams which is 3 lb 13 oz now and 16.25 inches long. He's precious.

1 comment:

  1. Go Duncan! When I lived in Lordsburg, New Mexico we played Duncan, Arizona in sports. I never thought I would be saying "Go Duncan".

    Thanks for your updates. We check in frequently to see how things are going. I wish I could share a couple of pounds with him.

    Uncle James

    ReplyDelete