Monday, May 4, 2009

2 Pounds!!



Today was a little bit of a roller coaster. I have worried about his stomach getting an infection and they didn't mention it much today but said he looked pale. What exactly does that mean or indicate? No idea. I guess all of his labs looked good. When I visited this morning his monitors were beeping and I was stressed out. Went back this afternoon and all was quiet and he was peaceful. Tonight I went and the nurse said he looked great, despite the bright green fluid that was sitting in his stomach drainage tube. She weighed him before she gave him to me to hold and he was up to two pounds!! That was his birth weight so I am happy to here that news! Stressed out, happy, sleep deprived, sick of pumping what a week and it's only Monday. P.S. Christian went to see him today and he got to see him when he was awake and Christian says Duncan looked at him. Pretty awesome even if he can't see that well. He was awake when I got to hold him and he just stared in the direction of my face and gave a few of those content smile/possibly thinking about crying faces. I like to think they were the smiles of a healthy baby. (Posted by Amy)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Duncan!! You are so sweet and precious! Amy,you are a warrior, and I so admire your strength and courage. Our prayers are constantly with you.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! So happy to hear it. You're all constantly on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that he is to birth weight! Took a mom up there when I worked last week and thought about you. Her babies weren't in the same pod as Duncan though. I loved those pictures of him without his gear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing you hold him. I am sure that he loves that he gets to be in your presence everyday!

    ReplyDelete