Friday, May 15, 2009

Ultrasound

I guess his brain ultrasound went fine. One of the bleeds is gone and the other is "resolving". Christian made the mistake of talking to the Doctor who told him more details than he wanted to know about possible (although rare) complications of a brain bleed, I will not share those with you. I went to my nurse today (I finally chose a primary nurse who works with Duncan everytime she works) and she said not to panic that the bleed will not get worse unless he gets very ill. The doctors are talking about big changes in the next few days. He is up to 10 cc of milk every 3 hours. They will continue to increase those (1 cc every 12 hours) until he is at "full feeds" which will be around 16 or so ccs and then we will see the removal of the pic line!! It is like a really long IV that starts at your arm and goes almost all of the way to your heart. It is a site for possible infection so I say let's get rid of it! He is also going to try out nasal canula in the next few days which is even less help with breathing and less tubes all over his face. Once those two things are gone all that will be left is the monitors checking his heart rate etc. In fact he might even get to wear clothes at that point! I will take picture of these new developments. We would like all of those transitions to go smooth and no serious bumps in the road. We appreciate your continued prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is a month old already! Happy day! That is amazing that he is up to 10 cc's of milk. I hope he keeps tolerating more. Go Duncan!
    -Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete