Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Awesome

I went to the hospital expecting to hear that Duncan had an infection only to hear the news that they are going to start feeding him again. Doesn't mean he'll tolerate it this time but they are going to start slowly again. He looked great today. I got to meet with the doctor for a few minutes; she gave me some interesting information. My placenta had been collected and sent to a lab to see what information they could get from it and the results were in today. The doctor said that my placenta had started an infection and that it had not yet spread to the side of the placenta where it would have infected the baby but it would have had he not been born when he was. It was kind of a relief realizing again God's hand in Duncan's being born when he was. He was sick when he was born-- add an infection onto that and he would have been, well, worse and possibly wouldn't have made it. Later the nurse fed him 1/5 of a teaspoon of my milk and put him on my chest to kangaroo and the words to a hymn came to my mind:

Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy pow'r thruout the universe displayed;
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee,
How great thou art! How great thou art!

The miracle of my son's life definitely makes me think God has made something amazing, with so much potential for a wonderful life. I see him alive, and progressing and miraculously avoiding surgery and infections and setbacks that the doctors are expecting and I have to agree, How great and awesome are the works of God. (Trying to figure out how to make it say "posted by Amy".)

1 comment:

  1. I loved that post. God is Everywhere and he does care about us. What huge blessings. He really is your miracle baby.

    ReplyDelete