Sunday, May 24, 2009

Drowsy



You can imagine how exhausting it is having to go back and forth to the hospital all of the time. It is nice when you can just hold the baby and close your eyes. The other night Christian was coming home from a late night hospital visit and called me to let me know he was on his way. About 45 minutes later, he still wasn't home. I wasn't worried because I thought he must have gone by his office on the way home. I was getting ready for bed and I happened to open the door to the garage to throw something away. I looked out into the garage and saw the garage door was open, Christian's car was in there and the light that comes on when you open the garage had already turned off. At first I thought, well I guess he went to talk to a neighbor that was outside at 11:30 at night. It only took me a minute to realize how unlikely that was. Suddenly I realized Christian must have had a heart attack and was laying on the floor of the garage. I was shaking as I walked out into the garage to practice my CPR skills. To my great horror, Christian was still in the car with his eyes closed. I was so scared that when I knocked on the window it was hardly audible. He didn't respond. I was in full panic mode when I knocked again louder. Christian's eyes popped open. I said WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! He said, I fell asleep. So all of my fears turned to complete hysterical laughter. Baby is doing great today. He enjoyed having his Daddy hold him yesterday and finally got a visit from his brother and sisters. Jane had a similar dislike for his CPAP as I do and shook with terror when I held her up to see him. I'll take her again once the CPAP is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment